Sunday, August 8, 2010

Little Sprouts!

Mixed organic bean sproutsImage via Wikipedia
Hey there!
I'm ecstatic to share my recent plans for the future.  I've decided to go back to school to become an elementary school teacher and Bikram yoga instructor.  I really look forward to making a difference in children's lives.  I want to help shape their little minds and bodies to become healthy and happy and vibrant adults.  I look forward to becoming a yoga instructor as well, which not be for another year while I work and go to school to make some money to afford the tuition which is over 10,000 dollars!  Doing what I love it priceless however and I'm very excited about these new adventures.



Now for more information on sprouting and how to do it.  It is sooooo easy.
1. Take beans such as mung beans or buckwheat to start with since they are in my opinion the easiest to sprout.
2.  Place beans (one type) in a bowl of water and cover with a napkin or wax paper just to keep out the bugs.
3.  Soak them overnight.
4.  In the morning when you wake up, pour entire bowl into a mesh colander or strainer.
5.  Rinse off the beans and shake till they are somewhat dry with a little moisture.
6.  Place beans back into bowl without adding water and let sit covered for two days.
7.  Rinse and strain and place back into bowl about twice a day.  Sprouts will have tails that are about 1 inch long.
8.  Store them in the fridge for about a week.

Eat sprouted mung beans on top salads or use to make hummus.  Sprouted buckwheat you can use as a base for granolas or raw breads!
Let me know if you have any other questions...

Seeing Step Up 3D tonight...woohoo
Peace~

No comments:

Post a Comment