Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fabulous Weekend!

Hi everyone,
Yesterday may have been one of the most spectacular days I've had -at least in a month! lol! I started my rainy morning doing some light cleaning. I put on some yoga clothes strapped my yoga mat onto my shoulder and journeyed to my yoga studio to sweat out some toxins and brighten my mood and physical strength and flexibility! Woohoo! Yeehaaaww...

Then I spent the day with my mom and dad and a bunch of my friends at my studio owners fabulous home (with a gorgeous garden) for a real treat!
A living raw foods class all Day! From 1-6pm all we did was talk about raw and living foods and sample some delicious holiday themed dishes. Faux turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed "potatoes", mushroom gravy, pumpkin pie, carrot apple juice....Haha wow I ate all that!? I met some fantastic people. One person more amazing than the next. I especially loved those that had never eaten or heard of living foods. They loved the food and were so blown away that they were asking what type of knives and food processors they should go out and buy the next day!!!
But there was one guy that really inspired me...Here is his story!
He said that as a child and most of his adult life he resented his father who was a farmer. The man said he wanted to live a "better" life. When he was in his 20's, he was watching a television special on longevity-he was very skeptical of destiny and fate and often needed everything concrete and calculated for him to believe it. As he was watching this special, something told him to go down to the basement. As he walked down to the cellar of his house he felt compelled to open up a dusty book on his library shelf. He opened to a "random" page that read "How to live a long and healthy life". It was one of his father's farming books that talked about living the life of a farmer who gets to work and live off of his land and eat his own fresh produce. Well arrogantly he shut the book and went back up stairs. Little did he realize that that moment would come to him almost 20 years later. He became your typical 9-5 business man; eating cooked food and feeling totally detached from the world. Though he was living in a beautiful house and making money he didn't really FEEL his PURPOSE in life Nor did he feel any particular ENERGY to find it. One day his wife became fed up with the way "she" had been feeling for most of her life. In a quest to feel better she discovered raw living foods. As she adopted this foreign idea and way of eating so too did her husband. Before long the man started seeing his purpose much more clearly. He recalled that day in the basement and decided that he wanted to go back to his roots and become the farmer that he for so many years dismissed. He says he has found his path, his DESTINY. He no longer feels lost or lacking in energy. Everyday is a new adventure and piece of the puzzle. This man inspired me soo much. He was glowing with life and energy. EVERY raw person I have met has had a similar enlightenment. I can't believe I am apart of such an amazing movement!
I hope this story made your day as it did mine!

I made my mom some raw treats today including...
raw chocolate pudding!
Here's the basic recipe:

2 avocadoes-smashed
2 heaping tablespoons of cacao powder/carob powder
some agave

mix and enjoy!
Rawkn Yogini~

No comments:

Post a Comment