Monday, November 16, 2009

Looking Forward but staying in the present

Hello again,
I hope you enjoyed that story from yesterday as much as I did!
Today is *monday* and it is the beginning of a new and exciting week filled with challenges.
But bring em' on!
I have several things going on at school. The biggest "thing" is a huge Nutritional Biochemistry exam. I am determined to educate and enlighten myself so that I am prepared to WOW my teacher on Wednesday afternoon when I take my exam! I think I can I think I can! lol.

Also with this challenge also comes a fantastic reward. I will be meeting and listening to my two idols, Matt and Angela Stokes Monarch on Saturday in Maine. Not to mention, I will get to enjoy some delicious raw foods since it is a potluck, I will meet some awesome raw love bugs (people), spend the day with my mom, and RELAX. Woohoo for weekend excursions.

Now back to reality!
I had a friend from class today come to me about dry, irritated skin and hair. I told her about an excellent way to help this especially this time of year when most SAD people eat very little water rich produce and much more heavy dense foods. Anyone can benefit from this piece of advice that I gave her though, whether you are 100% raw or 2% raw.
Skin Brushing:
This is a gentle way to exfoliate your skin and move toxins out of your body through your lymphatic ducts.
The concept is simple. It requires a wooden bristle brush that you can purchase from almost any health food store or body shop.
You brush your arms, legs, shoulders, buttocks, chest, stomach toward your lymphatic ducts near your groin and armpits. your upper half you brush toward your armpits and your lower half you brush upward toward your inner thighs or groin.
In order to get a detailed picture of this just search for skin brushing in any search engine or on youtube.com
You will do this first thing in the morning BEFORE you take a shower!
This will even help with circulation and waking you up first thing in the morning!
Your skin will feel amazing and you may not even need lotion. But sure you drink lots of water to facilitate this toxin elimination.
I noticed a difference in my skin within just a few days!
I will keep you posted on my studying...Have a wonderful day
Rawkn Yogini~

No comments:

Post a Comment