Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Turkey Day?




Hey Friends,
I hope you are all enjoying this holiday to celebrate the bounty and abundance of mother nature. Isn't it amazing how much this Earth can offer to us? This is a fantastic time of year for persimmons, sweet potatoes, root vegetables and tubers, apples and pears, garlic and onions...the list goes on. I particularly love Persimmons!


I was at school the other day about to go home for break and someone wished me a Happy Turkey Day. I said "you too!". It wasn't until later that I really thought about those words. How happy could that turkey be that sits on most American's kitchen tables, roasted all day and stuffed. I can't imagine that it's too happy! Plus, judging by the way you feel after eating turkey (tired, full, lethargic and sleepy) your body isn't very happy either.
This year was my very first raw Thanksgiving!

I started my day with a Delicious greeeeen smooothiieee...with bananas, spinach, celery, ginger, cucumber, bee pollen, and carrot top greenssss....Wow-no words to describe how good!
The rest of the day was fruits, fruits and more fruits until Thanksgiving Dinner!
Before the meal, my mom, dad, brother and myself listed all of the things we were thankful for
Justin-our dog Ruby
Dad-our health and the delicious food
Mom-that our grandma was doing well and our new Raw food journey
Me-health, happiness, finding raw food, my family and friends
Now for the Dinner!
Appetizer: cauliflower popcorn with nutritional yeast
Main meal:Raw cranberry sauce which my mom lovingly made.
mixed green and Boston lettuce Salad with tons of yummy veggies such as carrots, tomatoes, snap peas, fresh corn, daikon radish, and zucchini.
For Dessert:...A YUMM pot which was CASHEW butter mixed with dark mesquite powder!


Makes me think to myself-could life be any better?
My first raw Thanksgiving and this year-I not tired after eating cooked food that I labored to make all day but dinner took just minutes (Sort of like the time my digestive system took to digest my meal) and I had energy to take a walk, play with the puppies, take a ride with my dad and to jump around to the Thanksgiving day parade performers! lol

You CAN eat this way...You CAN feel this way!

I am about to announce an amazing adventure that I will be taking starting in DECEMBER...
I will be starting a JUICE FEAST. I will be drinking only juices for a minimum of 30 days. In which time I hope to heal from emotional attachments to food and detoxify my body from years of toxins and food allergy induced damage to my intestines. I will talk more about it before I begin. In the mean time my juicer will be coming soon and I'll be breaking it in with a juice daily!

I hope you all celebrated in the company of loved ones. And if you did eat a Turkey-I hope you enjoyed it and were thankful for all it sacrificed to bring you joy, abundance and nourishment!

Much Thanks,
Rawkn Yogini~

No comments:

Post a Comment