Sunday, November 8, 2009

Gorgeous Sunday!

Hi there!
Hope you are sitting beside your window like me with the curtains pulled open. I hope you are basking in the warmth and light from the shining sun. There is nothing more beautiful than the sun's energy and light warming the outreaching branches of a white birch tree or the sweet innocent face of child rollerskating down the street. At least today there is nothing better. I take advantage of the sun's energy during the summer months; but it's easy to get used to that incredible vibrance that you feel as your body naturally hummmss as you sit on your porch or take your dogs for a walk. Now that the season is changing and the sun doesn't break from the clouds quite as much we must worship its presence by recognizing its power! Get outside when you can.
I decided this morning when I woke up at 7am that it was time to move. I put on a comfortable pair of sneakers and a big warm sweatshirt and began to walk. No clear intension or destination. Only to be. I didn't need music. The sounds of birds chirping, the wind rustling the leaves, an occasional dog barking and the occasional child laughing was enough for me! I closed my eyes as I walked and let my body guide me. Well I walked for nearly 45 minutes; totally with the sun's energy!
I came in and jumped into the shower and got dressed.
Smoothie time I thought! Greener the better! I made a spectacular Green superfood smoothie.
Here's what I had:
1 small red banana
handful of Kale
bunch of romaine lettuce
2 stalks of celery
3 Tbls of organic frozen blueberries and blackberries
1 Tbl of freshly ground bee pollen
1-2 Tsp of Maca powder
1-2 Tsp of spirulina powder
2 1/2 cups of filtered water
2 Tbl of raisins and golgi berries

BLEND=Amazing! YUM! this was around 9:30 and I drank that till 11:15am
Time for me to get out and take some yoga~

Remember to listen to your body~start your day with a Green smoothie!~Soak up the Sun!

Namaste~~
Rawkn Yogini <3

No comments:

Post a Comment