Monday, December 28, 2009

Juice FEAST day 14...2 weeks down, 2 more to go!

Good Evening Everyone,
Yehawww...2 weeks on Liquids! I can hardly believe what I have accomplished so far.
These past few days have been extremely profound for me.
Juicing has been an emotional roller coaster. After many emotional breakdowns here is what I have discovered...

Appreciation...I have learned to appreciate the gift of food. Every time I make a juice I am reminded of where my fruits and vegetables came from and who may have grown and harvested them. I think about who is going without food and clean water while I nourish myself. I now know how much I took that "crunchy" flax cracker for granted or that "soft" melon in my mouth, even that "creamy" almond butter in my yum pots with mesquite powder. I appreciate textures much more now than I ever did. Now I can only imagine them in my mind.

Surrounding yourself with Love...For too long I convinced myself that some of the people in my life cared about me, accepted me, and took interest in my endeavours when in fact they didn't. It has been a painful, eye opening journey for me to see this. I now know that in order feed my powerful positive soul that I need not surround myself with those that are negative energy beings. I never realized how much I was able to suppress my emotions with solid foods until drinking only liquids and having nothing to "comfort" me but energy.

Releasing your emotions...Sometimes it's OK to say "I'm hurt", "I'm sad", "I feel frustrated", "I'm lost", "I'm overwhelmed"...Cry, Laugh, Frown, Scream, Clap! Express yourself! It is much easier to overcome your positive or negative emotions when you don't suppress them or lock them inside you.

Find a physical outlet...I have found that doing some form of physical activity such as swimming, walking, singing, doing yoga, talking with a loved one, or even writing has been so helpful to overcome everyday stresses and emotions.

Keep Things Simple...Now that all the brain fog has been lifted and my body is healing itself I can see that the more simply I eat the easier it will be to keep myself feeling free and in control like I do on juices. I am not a slave to my kitchen or even juices. In the morning I pack juices and off I go. That's it! No worrying or terrible attacks of worry that I won't have food for the day. I need to be proactive when I go back on solids and always have things with me so that I can carry out my day and have things with me if or when I get hungry. No big deal.

It pains me to see others eating junk...Gosh has it KILLED me to watch my dad eat non-stop without any end in sight. The crinkling of the opening chip bag or the crunch of pretzels and fried snacks. Even my brother walking up to his room with a bag of candy. They don't realize how mentally and physically dependent they are on food. I feel none of those feelings. I am hardly ever hungry and when I am I have a juice. There really isn't much to think about. I make a juice based on what I have in the house-not too complex.

I am so happy that I have done this for myself. Doing this with my mom has been amazing too. We have become so close and I'm so glad that we now understand each other even better. I'm so glad she has put up with me and supported me through my emotionally trying times this past week.

And last but not least I'd like to thank oranges...they have been my saving grace fruit when I have been in the mood for no other...SERIOUSLY!

Any Questions?? Let me know if you need some advice for beginning your own juice feasting journey!

Be one with your soul,
Rawkn Yogini~

No comments:

Post a Comment