Saturday, December 19, 2009

Juicy Baby Juicy!

Juice FEAST day 5
Such an exciting feeling! I have been LOVING drinking juice. I have NO food cravings! In fact, I barely even think about food or even juices! I feel like a brand new car. Just like a car that you put gas in when your fuel tank is on empty, I put in some juice when I am genuinely hungry, I am satisfied and I move about my day. Days are flying by...I never realized how much energy and time I was putting into eating until these past few days. Juice is so fast and simple, no menu planning or food combing or cravings. I feel full of energy and light and excited about each and every day! In the beginning (the first day) it was very emotional for me to give up my attachment to food. I also no longer had foods to suppress emotions. Juice was so light that I couldn't hide from myself. Well I have found myself and I feel content and happy!

Here is a crazy but true story about my day today! As usual I wake up and have a cup of warm lemon water to help wake up my digestive system. I am sitting at my kitchen table when my dad comes walking into the house. He has just come home from a coffee and bagel shop that he goes to every morning at 6:30am, practically when they open their doors, to get his daily bagel (refined sugar and cooked carbs) and strong caffeine rich coffee. He comes home irritable and on edge with a plastic bag in his hand. He starts to take the items out of the bag containing a bag of flavored chips, 2 boxes of movie style candy, half dozen bagels, and some yellow mustard. I think to myself, "Why did he buy all that junk food?" I go to make my first juice of the day-Cantaloupe....mmm yumm. My dad has already finished his bag of chips and before I sit down to enjoy my juice, he begins to make a bagel. I ask him if he is truly hungry and he tells me he has only had a bagel and bag of chips. I enjoy my juice and keep my thoughts to myself. I go upstairs and get dressed up because...
My friend got married today!!! I went to her wedding and she looked absolutely gorgeous. She looked like Bridal Barbie!! Congratulations April and Eddie!!
I enjoyed that thoroughly and came home to make my mom and I a lunch juice around 1pm. Kale, pear, and ginger! My goodness was that good! My dad sits down to have his lunch. Bow ties and Kasha (toasted buckwheat). I ask him after he has finished if he feels satisfied. He responds as he scrapes the bottom of his bowl for the last drop, "I'm never satisfied". He says it in a sarcastic matter of fact almost proud "I'm a real man" way as he puts his bowl in the sink and looks for something else to fulfill his incredible "appetite". My mom and I both look at each other as we sip our GREEN juices with delight! We both think of the same thing, cooked food never satisfies you because your body never truly gets the nutrients that it needs to function. As you continue to give your body food that it cannot easily use for fuel and for healing, it continues to give you a signal to eat and eat and eat. You never feel satisfied.
This is such a depressing way of living isn't it?

Moral of the story...If you want each day to feel full of adventures and excitement and less about what to eat next try to transition to a RAW and living food diet. Maybe even start your day with a juice!?

JUICES are so delicious and I can't wait to see where this journey will take me!

Have a Juicy Day,
Rawkn Yogini~

1 comment:

  1. you are doing great! So proud of you. Can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete