Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Juice FEAST Day 9 and RAW FOOD DESSERT RECIPE



GOOD MORNING,
I hope all of you are excited about the holidays! I know many of you will be celebrating Christmas tomorrow! Wow this year has disappeared before my eyes. I am so thankful for all the wonderful experiences I have had and the people I have met!
Today if you have been following me on my juice feasting adventure is day 9. The days are flying by. Lately I have been exercising. I have done Aqua Aerobics early in the morning and the other day I took Yoga! My goodness did that feel wonderful. I love being in the water too. There is just something spectacular about submerging yourself in warm water and moving your body around in ways that feel great! It is also a great workout!
Yesterday! I did colon hydrotherapy for the second time! Let me tell you, I was completely exhausted afterward. I really felt drained. This is why...Toward the end of my session, when my colon was being filled with clean warmed water I suddenly felt the most disgusting taste in my mouth. It tasted like women's floral parfume! I was almost gagging. After she allowed the water to release from my colon I was able to get rid of A LOT of waste and toxins. I have no idea what that was but it must have been some type of chemical I had been exposed to. I came home and crashed. I felt emotionally and physically exhausted. My hormones and emotions were all over the place. I felt sad, angry, overwelmed, excited, relieved, etc. I went to bed at 8:30pm!
Today, I feel so much better! This is a good thing because there are lots of things to do! I am going with my mom to a friend's apartment to help her make Christmas dinner and celebrate the holiday. All the while drinking juices! But believe it or not...I am very content with drinking juices!

I know many of you will be enjoying a Christmas Eve or just simply a Wednesday night feast ;-)
Here is the most fantastic recipe for a Cherry/Berry Cobbler as promised!

Cherry Berry Cobbler Recipe
Ingredients:
CRUMBLE TOPPING*
1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
1 1/2 cups walnuts (Optional: Soaked and dehydrated to make them dry and crispy)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup pitted dates
*FILLING*
3 cups cherries, frozen, thawed and drained
1/3 cup pitted dates (medjool)
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Procedure:
1. Make the crumble topping: Process all ingredients in a food processor except the dates. Add dates one at a time to form coarse crumbs.
2. Make the filling: In a blender, combine 1 cup cherries with dates, lemon juice and cinnamon. Toss with the remaining 2 cups cherries.
3. Put cherry mixture in a square glass baking dish. Top with crumble topping. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
**Alternatively, you can put the cherry mixture directly into serving dishes and top with crumble topping.
Serve immediately or put in fridge before serving! It actually tastes better the next day!
Serves 4 -- recipe can be doubled.
Variations: Use frozen blueberries or strawberries or mixed berries
Or use crumble topping as a crust to push into a pie pan or glass dish

This is my favorite Dessert! I hope you all enjoy! No baking required...that's what I call instant satisfaction!

Happy Holidays!
Rawkn Yogini~

No comments:

Post a Comment