Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Universe: Can you control your fate?


Hey there everyone!
Today is Thursday and it's another fabulous week for me. Yoga every day so far and Loving the challenge of it! Coconut water, cold shower and a fabulous walk with my dogs is a routine that is sticking like glue after yoga...wouldn't change a thing! If you haven't tried coconut water...get some, soooo yummy!

Today I wanted to chat about whether or not we can control our fate and how I feel about that.
Ever since I was young I have always contemplated my destiny or my fate. It has been my on going faith in a higher power that is guiding me along my journey that has helped me to accept the not so fun moments that I may stumble upon. So I may have dislocated my knee in high school while dancing 2 hours a day during the week but guess what...I was pushed toward a different passion...yoga! During physical therapy I was given exercises that were "yoga inspired" that I was told to do after every session. After a while I thought to myself, why don't I try some yoga classes? It's lower impact and I can still enjoy graceful and strong moves that remind me of dance. It was love at first sight!
You see...life has road blocks, I believe, so that you take a detour to get back to what you really were meant to do!

Another story of mine is that...My mother was diagnosed with cancer when I was in college. Originally my dream was to be a psychologist or a physical therapist because I really wanted to reach out and help others going through mental or physical ailments. When my mom got sick I made a 180 turn toward Nutritional sciences, something deep deep down inside of me said...this is where you will find the answers, take a chance! So I did, I switched my major and decided that Nutrition was the key to longterm health...even before I knew much about it!
Now, my mom is cancer free and I have achieved the health and life I never dreamt of. During a yoga class I learned about raw foods from one of the other students (an accident?..I think not!). This changed my life. Eating vegan changed my perspective and raised my conciousness about our environment and the treatment of animals and eating raw helped me realize that foods are best when they are pure and unchanged.

May your journey continue and remember that even the saddest times are a gateway to your true destiny of pure bliss and contentment~

With Faith,
Rawkn Yogini~

No comments:

Post a Comment