Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 13 and tomorrow marks 2 weeks RAW!

2 Weeks ago...I was tired, sick, depressed, and anxious...I felt like something was wrong...
It was...I wasn't eating enough raw foods but more importantly I WAS eating cooked and processed foods like sugar and dairy which were very addicting.
I was telling my challengers today that raw food is not a fad because once you start eating raw your whole life changes. So if you aren't willing to experience a huge shift then you should start out slow. Slowly adding in more and more raw at a comfortable pace.

If you go raw overnight you take the chance of backsliding because of extreme emotional and physical detoxification of all the cells of your body. Stored emotions that had been suppressed with heavy toxic foods are suddenly looking you square in the face and you must now deal with them. A wise guy named Philip McCluskey said that it's best not to try to overanalyze these emotions but to just release them and let them go. That is not any easy thing for most people. When we are fearful we often retreat...and in this case into a bar of chocolate or a cup full of greek yogurt. This time going raw I did not think...I can't have ____. I said I choose not to have it and I am doing this for my health and myself and not anyone else. I also allowed myself to eat when I was hungry even if that meant eating 3 bananas and almond butter! With my dad saying "why are you eating all those bananas?" as he's eating a backed potato loaded with cooked veggies and 2 cups of shredded cheese melted on top with a piece of fish and a box of raisinets for a snack afterward and an hour later looking for more.

I'm really enjoying this journey and I'm thankful for the support I have from my friends @ 21 Day Raw Food Challenge on facebook!!!

With all my heart,
Rawkn Yogini~

No comments:

Post a Comment