Monday, May 3, 2010

May 3rd....A new day...goal setting

Hello all,
I'm still here for you. These past couple months have been very challenging mostly emotionally. Coming off a juice feast was one of the hardest things that I have ever endured. Sure you think to yourself, "This chick hasn't been exposed to much!". But the truth is that I guess I never really allowed myself to feel the fear, pain and anxiety of those hard times until the finale of a month of bliss *juice feasting*. During this time...my mind was completely clear and calm, my relationship with food and health was renewed and I felt Very in control. Upon ending my juicing I felt the complete opposite of every euphoric feeling previously mentioned. I felt sad, depressed, an unimaginable appetite, out of control emotionally. I no longer had a motivation to help others on their health striving journeys because I had strayed so far from mine. I struggled to eat raw foods when all I could think about was eating the "wrong thing". Who can live like that.

Well I got sick...really sick. My stomach was bloated, gassy and filled with the indigestion I had prior to eating raw. Cravings for unhealthy foods were coming on me that I didn't even like before at all! I got a cold. Sneezing and coughing and my eyes were watering. I laid in bed thinking about what had led me to this point. It was very clear...you are what you eat...or what you don't eat. You also are your emotional and physical health as well. And even walking or admitting that I had no energy was a chore. I was embarassed. Just a couple months ago I was the beacon of health, love, peace and I looked great.

I'm sick and tired of feeling sorry for myself so I'm starting from square one. I have learned a lot from this humbling experience. You can not take anything for granted.

Here is my plan:
Week one:

Goal 1: Drink 2 glasses of water when I rise in the morning-have next to bed
Goal 2: Take a walk in the morning around the block and back-have socks and shorts laid out near my bed in the morning
Goal 3: Drink 2 glasses of green juice everyday-make sure I have all my veggies cut up the night before
Goal 4: Talk to someone I love on the phone once a day when I get home-have my cell phone charged and ready to go
Goal 5: Make an effort to look my best everyday- shower and put on makeup


I hope you won't give up on me because I won't give up on me or you!!
Rawkn Yogini~

What are your goals?? Make them acheivable. And remember it's easier to add something in then take it away. Notice I didn't say..."stop eating almond butter"

No comments:

Post a Comment