Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 6 :-)

Hello Everyone,
Today is day 6 of the 21 Day Raw Food Challenge! My group on facebook is doing so well. We have come across a lot of detox symptoms..physical and emotional. But we have eachother and that makes ALL the difference. I don't know what I would do without them...and yet they say that they are so thankful for me :-)
Simultaneoulsy I have been having physical detox such as skin itching, body odor, nose running, and gas
As well as emotion detox such as anger, anxiety, frustration, sadness and fear!

One of my friends on the challenge has experienced a lot of the same symptoms as me. Doing something for yourself is often looked at as selfish but don't we deserve to treat ourselves well? I have always fallen victim to putting myself last on the list. Make my brother lunch when he gets home from school, come home to take care of my family when I should be focusing on school, coming home to spend time with my family instead of spending time with my friends..etc. I made those choices and I definitely don't regret them! I made them because I love my family but I need to learn how to love myself.
Last night I woke up from a nightmare because I was crying in my sleep. I woke up in fear and with anxiety. My dream was about not being satisfied with myself and my decisions!
That just shows me that this challenge is very good for me! No one else in my family is following it and yet...I will not give up because I know this is for me and only me! People have been bulleying me my whole life telling me that something that I've done is not cool, normal or right. It started with 3rd grade, when I was bulleyed for being too quiet and being a geek, it continued in high school when my ex-boyfriend put cinnabon frosting all over my car on New Year's Day and now it is myself, telling myself that I'm not worthy of vibrant life and health!

That is CHANGING!

I have always been different. I have always wished in some ways to be different. Well I have accomplished that. While the rest of the people that I became friendly with are having college celebration parties with drinking and drugs...I am sitting here reflecting on my life, hoping to make a change that will better my physical and emotional health!

Thank you for supporting me
Rawkn Yogini~

No comments:

Post a Comment